Welcome to the heart of Finland! Kajaani Airport, identified by IATA code KAJ and ICAO code EFKI, is situated approximately 8 kilometers away from Kajaani, the capital of Finland's Kainuu region. The airport plays a vital role in facilitating general aviation and ensuring seamless daily flights to Helsinki. Kajaani Airport serves general aviation and provides daily flights to Helsinki. Initially operated by NORRA with ATR-72-600 aircraft, the Helsinki route was recently taken over by DAT using the ATR-42. The airport also accommodates charter flights, with the capacity to handle aircraft up to the size of a Boeing 757.
The Kajaani Airport product on Flightsim.to offers:
- Detailed Recreation: The airport is recreated with high fidelity, utilizing PBR materials and high polygon meshes.
- Interior Environment
- Custom Elements: Users will notice custom-made baggage carts, interior props, ramp utilities, approach lights, and a static ATR-72 aircraft.
- Realistic Runway: The runway profile and elevation closely mimic the real-life airport.
- Custom CGL: The airport area is depicted through high-resolution aerial imagery.
- Night Lighting
- Performance Optimized: The design is optimized for performance, using Level of Detail (LOD) and appropriate texture sizing.
The product is developed based on over 1000 location photographs and several visits to the real airport to ensure accuracy and attention to detail. The newly released Kajaani Airport (EFKI) product on Flightsim.to is now available to purchase.