With Sim Update 7, Asobo added its first military aircraft for Microsoft Flight Simulator to the game: The Boeing F/A-18 Super Hornet. And while it's fun to fly, it didn't take long time for a group of enthusiastic modders to set their sights on taking the quality of this new aircraft to an entirely new level. F/A-18E "Super Warrior" mod by TouchingCloud gives the F/A-18 Super Hornet some love and raises its level of quality, says the developer.
- wingtip vortices effect (respect folded wings)
- leading edge vortices effect
- vapor cone (sonic barrier)
- engine exhaust (affected by afterburner)
- aerobatics smoke (white only, can be toggled by WING LIGHT hotkey or cockpit switch on right panel)
- engine heat appear only on working engines
- native contrails disabled
- automatic afterburner
- AOA indicator also activated by tailhook
- simplified arresting process (tailhook handle, front-left panel)
- simplified catapult launch process (launchbar switch, front-right panel)
- dedicated smoke switch
These are just a few of the many features and improvements it covers. In cooperation with Photosbykev and 270inc TouchingCloud has furthermore developed a simple aircraft carrier with animated crew and complicated operations - Carrier Ops - USS Enterprise is also available for free on Flightsim.to.
Revolution: Catapult Launcher
In cooperation with Carrier Ops - USS Enterprise, one can use the Catapult to start their flight. This mod provides a fully functioning deck crew trained to launch you and the F/A-18E Super Warrior into the blue skies. Just follow their directions and you'll soon be carrier qualified.
- The pbk-carrier-pz61 folder, this contains the USS Enterprise and other models.
- The pbk-carrier-crew folder, this contains the deck crew trained to support the F/A-18E Super Warrior.
Detailed instructions on how to use the launcher can be found on their mod page. Unquestionably a Must-Have for military fans of Microsoft Flight Simulator!