The A330-900neo is a wide-body jet airliner manufactured by Airbus. It is an evolution of the popular A330-300 with new improved wings and modern high bypass engines (Rolls-Royce Trent 7000) for better fuel efficiency.
The A330-900neo project was released by Community Creator Headwind back in July 2021 and has received updates and further improvements since. Just today, the project was updated to major version 0.100. This project was originally started by Philippe Marion before being completely re-worked from the ground up by Headwind, to make it fully compatible for MSFS. This is not a study level aircraft, however it allows you to make complete flights. This freeware addition to your hangar can be downloaded here on Flightsim.to. The update features the new Condor liveries as well.
The recent update contains several changes, fixes and especially the FBW A32NX 0.7 integration. Please remember to delete your previous headwind-a330neo from your community folder before installing an update. Here is an excerpt of the changelog.
- New wings
- New engines
- New wingflex and engine torque (first freeware with this native wingflex)
- New tires
- New stabilisers
- Improved main gear cinematic
- Cleaner and smoother fuselage mesh
- New version without sat dome
- New sat dome
- Sharklets decals
- Engine decals
- Fixing colors for the Airbus livery
- Adding white livery
- Adding 3 Condor liveries
- Optimised lods
- Fixing stick button
- Multiples changements on the cockpit to render more close to the A330 cockpit
- Optimised lods
- Fixing the duplicate cockpits
- Fixing the cockpit texture normal and roughness
- Fixing the aircraft shadow render
To read the full changelog, please head over to the project page. Further development process can be viewed in the A330-900neo group over here. Please make sure to leave a donation for Headwind to support them working on further updates.