For a long time, people were looking forward to this. Today, 3:30 PM Eastern Time, time has come. Project Mega Pack has just released their Airbus A330-300 for Microsoft Flight Simulator, after 4 months of work. The aircraft is also listed here on Flightsim.to, but until Wednesday at least, download is exclusive for Project Mega Pack Discord members, Clink123 says. To download this plane before Wednesday, you'll need to get a Discord account (if you haven't already), join the Project Mega Pack server and find the download link there. Starting on Wednesday, the aircraft will also be available for download via their website.
A liveries pack with almost 30 real life liveries is also included with initial release, among them are Air Canada, Air France, Emirates, FedEx Cargo, Finnair, Qantas and many more.
It has been a long week, but we are ready to release an initial beta of our A330-300 to all of you. The team has worked tirelessly over the past week to bring you this aircraft. Special thanks to @Robo @Captain Nerb (A330 Head) [Z-5] @DEJHUR @Blueberry Lollipop @[Z+1] Qbit 737-800 @cristofer and the entire A330 "Dream Team" for making this come together.
- Fully custom, built-from-scratch A330-300 model with over 4 months of work with fully custom PBR based textures
- Semi-custom Cockpit including custom windows, throttles, engine starters, lighting, MCDU changes, and buttons
- Custom RR 700 engines and sounds provided by ftsim+
- True to life flight dimensions and characteristics, to be continually improved in future updates
This is still a BETA release
However, one should note that it is by no means a finished product. As Project Mega Pack says, they want to make the aircraft available to the public for testing. There are already some known issues that the team will be continuesly working on after release.
- Mouse-controlled spoilers and reversers do not work; use keybinds or peripherals to control them
- Rubber on sidestick is wrong (black, should be blue)
- No icing or wingflex yet
- Rudder is too sensitive
- Incorrect approach speed in the MCDU
- Throttle issues, we are redoing the throttle for the next update
To install the plane, you just need to open your community folder and unzip the downloaded files there. That's it! Click here to learn how and where you can find your community folder. Please note that A330-300 is not compatible with A32NX. You will need to remove A32NX from your Community folder to get this running properly.
Project Mega Pack is a community-driven project, initially aiming to distribute community created liveries to you with ease. They are well-known for their previously released liveries packs and their Livery Manager. What they do is simple and easy: Instead of downloading liveries one by one, for example from Flightsim.to, they combine them all into one large pack to download - with the consent of the creators, of course. Meanwhile, Project Mega Pack expanded and now also offers aircraft, for example the already released Airbus A321. The A330 released today is their next big project, and there is already many more on their roadmap.